Dec 9, 2007

From being a student to an alumnus..

Today I received my M.S. degree and became an alumnus of The Ohio State University. It was raining lightly as we went to St.Johns Arena for the commencement. There were thousands of people in the Arena of which about 2000 were getting the degrees.
During the rehearsal yesterday, we were cautioned that some might get the degrees of some other person in case of a mix-up in the order or some people's degrees might not be there and in such cases a blank card would be within the folder given by the dean to the student. I assumed that my bad luck in such cases would result in me facing one of these situations, but luckily it did not happen. The moment the dean saw the folder and asked said my name, my heart leapt with joy. I got my degree alright! And with no spelling mistakes too. So thats it. Two years and a quarter of student life at The Ohio State University is over. A proud moment tinged with a bit of sadness.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  December 20, 2007 at 12:20:00 AM EST  

Dey Gonkesh,
You will get a championship to go with your graduation soon. Go Bucks!

Macadamia The Nut December 25, 2007 at 4:24:00 PM EST  

Dude! I read you! My D day is approaching and I'm waiting with much apprehension and anticipation.

Raj December 26, 2007 at 12:10:00 AM EST  

Congrats on the M.S.degree. Does Mr Santhosh become Ms Santhosh now?

Mambalam Mani December 26, 2007 at 8:47:00 AM EST  

@Sami : Hope so. All in the hands of Todd.

@ macademia: Thanks for reading my posts. Where are you from?

@Raj : Thanks! Even a congratulatory note had to be a witticism for you :D

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP