Feb 24, 2007

Reminiscences...

While slogging to finish yet another set of homeworks that never cease to come, I suddenly remembered my college days. Troublefree and worriless. Never bothering to study for the college's cycle tests. Even the minimum of efforts I (we) bothered to put in, were just an hour before the tests. We (myself, sriram, vijayaraghavan, prashanth, abhiram, thyagu, maadu, venkat, sashi, vedik, etc.,) used to gather around a desk. And amidst discussions about cricket matches, latest episodes of Justice League (included after sriram reminded me of what I and abhiram talked mostly about) and other more earthly things in life, we would study a bit for the test. Semester exams were no better. Abhiram will get the textbooks (the much touted 'local authors') photocopied a couple of weeks before the exams and we will take copies of the copy from him. And on the exam days, abhiram would write down all important points on one notebook, and we would do last minute studyings and revisions. Life was easy.

How much I yearn to be back in those days, back in madras. Walking on the GST road at 45 deg C beats trudging through 6 inches of snow at -10 C by a far call. And yes. I liked the chaos.
I know I am sounding like a frog within a well, feeling content with its mere existence, but thats me. After all it takes all sorts to make the world.

3 comments:

Asuri Sudarsanan February 27, 2007 at 7:19:00 AM EST  

ayya! thaangal "Needhi Ani"ai pattri kurippide marandhuvittergal! :P

Anonymous,  March 1, 2007 at 12:52:00 PM EST  

Gonku,
Stop crying like a little girl.
It's not enough to just quote 'Dada' on your e-mails..try to follow it a little. Can't be sheltered all the time.

-Sami

Mambalam Mani March 1, 2007 at 12:59:00 PM EST  

its just meant to be a think back of events!!!
no crying :P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP