Dec 11, 2006

உள்ளத்தின் கதவுகள் கண்க‌ளடா.....

Driving 100 miles a day in commuting to my lab, my mind badly needs to be kept awake and my car's music system is indispensable for that. My music taste is very limited and I have a highly selective collection of songs which I listen to. Today morning on the US -33, I heard this amazing song from the movie Iravum Pagalum (1965) sung by TMS and penned by Alangudi Somu. (Incidentally, this movie happens to be Jaishankar's debut). Keeping in with my penchant for philosophical songs of late, this song stuck in my mind. Here is the lyrics:

இர‌வும் வ‌ரும் ப‌க‌லும் வ‌ரும், உல‌க‌ம் ஒன்றுதான்
உற‌வும் வ‌ரும் ப‌கையும் வ‌ரும் இத‌‌யம் ஒன்றுதான் இத‌‌‌யம் ஒன்றுதான் (இரவும்)
பெறுமை வ‌ரும் சிறுமை வ‌ரும், பிறவி ஒன்றுதா,ன் பிறவி ஒன்றுதான் வ‌றுமை வ‌ரும் செழுமை வரும் வாழ்க்கை ஒன்றுதான் வாழ்க்கை ஒன்றுதான் (இரவும்)
இள‌மை வ‌ரும் முதுமை வ‌ரும், உடலும் ஒன்றுதான், உடலும் ஒன்றுதான்
த‌னிமை வ‌ரும் துணையும் வ‌ரும், ப‌ய‌ணம் ஒன்றுதான், ப‌ய‌ண‌ம் ஒன்றுதான் (இரவும்)
விழி இர‌ண்டு இருந்த‌போதும், பார்வை ஒன்றுதான் பார்வை ஒன்றுதான் வழிப‌ட‌வும் வ‌ர‌ம் த‌ர‌வும் தெய்வ‌ம் ஒன்றுதான், தெய்வ‌ம் ஒன்றுதான் (இரவும்)

The song isnt very long. But its meaning just swept me away. TMS is amazing as always. I never remember the lyrics of any song beyond the first stanza. I always listen to songs for the music with the voice only serving as accompanying rhythm. But this is the first time I listened to the full lyrics and remembered it too.
Readers may find nothing exceptional about the song, but I loved it.

Incidentally, the title of this blog is another song from the same movie...


To view tamil fonts properly, use Internet Explorer

3 comments:

Guhan December 12, 2006 at 12:45:00 PM EST  

இந்த தருணத்தில் உள்ளத்தின் கதவுகள் கண்கள் அல்ல ... செவிகள் ! Good one !

Anonymous,  December 12, 2006 at 12:48:00 PM EST  

dey,
tamil font install pannita..innum evalo lyrics vara povudho
TRC'la data anlayze pannama blog ezhudhariya da...

sami

Mambalam Mani December 12, 2006 at 12:59:00 PM EST  

@guru
ya i was aware of the discrepancy, but I chose that title not because of its relevance to the entire song, but due to what follows that line:
உள்ளத்தின் கதவுகள் கண்களடா, இங்கே உறவுக்குக் காரணம் பெண்களடா
The iravum pagalum song first hit me when I heard the line,
த‌னிமை வ‌ரும் துணையும் வ‌ரும், ப‌ய‌ணம் ஒன்றுதான், ப‌ய‌ண‌ம் ஒன்றுதான்
and that mdae me correlate these two songs..

@saami
blog was made from home, but this reply is from TRC :D

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP